Test Automation using QTP
With the increasing complexity in requirements, soaring customer expectations and rapid time to market of software applications and products, test automation happens to be the only solution in terms of reducing tester effort, improving quality and coverage of tests, and reducing the release time. And with QTP emerging as the leading tool in functional test automation, it has invariably captured the interest and imagination of every tester.
This course will focus on highlighting the fundamental concepts of test automation and how the same is implemented using the various features of QTP 9.2. All topics are supported by hands-on exercises that are based on real-life examples.
After the completion of the course, the participants would be able to:
- Use QuickTest Professional’s graphical point and click interface to record and play back tests, add
- synchronization points and verification steps, and create multiple action tests.
- Build upon fundamental topics by using debug tools to troubleshoot tests and use additional checkpoints and
- product options to broaden the scope of business processes that can be automated.
- Discover and correct common record and play back problems.
The course is appropriate for both Novice and Experienced Software Engineers under the following category:
- Analysts/ Business Analysts/ System Analysts
- Software Developers
- Module Leaders
- Project Managers
- Software Engineers
- Anyone involved in Quality Assurance or Control Activities
Participants are expected to have basic knowledge on software testing
- Introduction to Automation Testing
- Introduction to Quick Test Professional
- Object Management
- Regular Expressions
- Parameterize Data
- Action, Action settings & Reusable Actions
- Implementing the Concepts in Real Time (Project Work)