Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP) Workshop
- Kanban approach is an “alternative path to agility.” Kanban Method uses Kanban boards to visualize invisible work, workflow and business risks and helps in managing the work faster with better predictability by introducing evolutionary changes to improve Service Delivery Workflow.
- The Team Kanban Practitioner class teaches the basics of the Kanban Method and serves as the entry level and starting point to an “alternative path to agility.” During this 1-day workshop, each attendee will:
- Design and implement a Team Kanban board.
- Learn the basics of visualizing different types of work and associated risk.
- Understand how to proceed to the next level with Kanban
This training class is certified by Lean Kanban University (LKU) as TKP level training. Participants receive standard LKU certificates of class completion. LKU awards the Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP) credential to those successfully completed this class.
- Participants should become familiar with the Kanban method and a conceptual overview of the full Kanban approach of “alternative path to agility,”
- They should be able to design and implement a Kanban board in their own team context. They should be able to differentiate between a work item type and the risks they are managing which are associated with specific work items.
- They should be familiar with a variety of different Team Kanban board designs and styles and know how to choose a design that is best suited for their context.
- They should be aware of the training roadmap to Kanban Management Professional and Kanban Coaching Professional and the value and benefits to be derived at each step
- Professional Credential TKP (Team Kanban Practitioner) and Certificate from Lean-Kanban University (LKU)
- Membership of the Lean-Kanban University (LKU)
- Soft copy of the David J. Anderson’s book “Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for Your Technology Business”
- Softcopy of the Classroom workbook
- Lean Kanban University’s certified training curriculum and teaching methods were created through collaboration of leading Kanban experts and validated in hundreds of training classes around the world.
- You get a trainer who is the LKU accredited trainer
- The course is a mix of case driven, instructor-led, and self paced learning, designed to enable participants learn, experiment and implement the concepts and underlying philosophy of Kanban.
- The course is very interactive and provides hands on Exercises and Group activities
- The target audience for the program is a mix of professionals across hierarchies to get insights on the skills required for working as part of Kanban teams and wishes to explore and pursue an alternative path to agility.
- Managers and team members who wish to find some respite to enable them to “get things done” with quality, improved speed, and predictability, and need help in focusing on what to work on now, what to leave until later and what to discard altogether.
- Participants learn the various activities involved in being a practitioner in an Agile Kanban teams
- Participants introduction
- Familiarization with course material
- What is Lean Kanban?
- Connecting Agile, Scrum, Lean and Kanban
- Introduction to Kanban Method and Survey
- Using Kanban to address overburdening
- Principles & Practices of the Kanban Method
- Meanings of Kanban
- Basic Kanban concepts
- Visual Board
- Local Cycle Time Metrics
- Delivery Rate & Little’s Law
- Overview of 7 Kanban Cadences
- Daily standup meeting
- Replenishment meeting
- Lean Kanban interactive simulation
- Design a Ticket
- Kanban board design exercise (including Personal Kanban)
- WIP limits
- Batching and Flow
- Types of Risk
- Commitment and Replenishment
- Feedback loops – standup & replenishment
- Service delivery workflow Kanban
- Proto-Kanban versus full Kanban System
- Overview of STATIK
- Benefits of extending Kanban up/down workflow
- Conclusion Q&A
Our Most Popular Courses: