SAFe® 5.0 Scrum Master with SSM Certification
In this two-day course, attendees will gain an understanding of the role of a Scrum Master in a SAFe enterprise. Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe Scrum Master course explores the role of the Scrum Master in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares attendees to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This includes learning the key components of Agile at scale development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute Iteration Planning.
Attendees will also discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value at scale. SAFe 5 Scrum Master (SSM) certification signifies that people are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing their value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
To perform the role of a SAFe® Scrum Master, attendees should be able to:
- Describe Scrum in a SAFe enterprise.
- Facilitate Scrum events.
- Facilitate effective Iteration execution.
- Support effective Program Increment execution.
- Support relentless improvement.
- Coach Agile teams for maximum business results.
- Support DevOps implementation.
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM) certification exam:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles.
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and eXtreme Programming (XP).
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes.
- Introducing Scrum in SAFe.
- Characterizing the role of the Scrum Master.
- Experiencing Program Increment planning.
- Facilitating Iteration execution.
- Finishing the Program Increment.
- Coaching the Agile team.
Yes, ScaledAgile has mandated that everyone has to go through a 2-day class-room training (16 hours) in order to be eligible to take the examination & get certified
2) How is this different between SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) & Certified Scrum Master (CSM)?
The CSM certification course introduces you to the concepts of Scrum and Agile frameworks, it is purely based on the Scrum guide & explores what ‘good’ Scrum is. It elaboares on the Scrum ceremonies, tools, roles, etc. This course will benefit anyone who seeks to be recognised as a Certified ScrumMaster®,
The SSM certification course requires official standardized training and assessment to ensure that individuals can work competently on a SAFe project, and offers a more practical knowledge of agile implementation tools, team building and leadership skills for scrum masters. It explores the role of Scrum in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares attendees to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI).
3) What is the structure of the examination?
- Exam Format: Multiple choice; Multiple select.
- Exam Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed.
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Exam Duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam.
- Number of Questions: 45.
4) How long is my certificate valid?
Your certificate is valid for 1 year. Post that, a renewal fees of $100 is to be paid to maintain the certification.
Our Most Popular Courses: