Quantitative Project Management
The workshop seeks to share the terminology and concepts behind Quantitative Project Management (QPM), how you can apply quantitative and simple statistical techniques to manage your project more effectively. Workshop includes a mix of lectures, experience sharing and hands -on exercises.
- You will be able to understand principles behind using quantitative and simple statistical techniques in software projects
- You will be able to understand variation in the process and to use control charts effectively to make decisions and manage the projects effectively
- You will be able to understand how to use organization performance and performance models capability
- You will know the expectation from CMMI with respect to QPM
Attendees should be familiar with process management concepts (CMMI, ISO etc) and have Project/Development/QA experience of at least 3 years.
Staff who are involved in project planning, tracking and monitoring.
- Overview of quantitative/statistical terms
- Statistical techniques: Understanding Variation – Control Charts, Distributions and Run charts
- Process Performance Baselines and Models
- Tying it all together for Project Management
- Interpreting QPM in CMMI
- Discussion of relationships between CMMI high maturity Process areas: OPP, QPM, OID, CAR