About PRINCE2® 6th Edition
PRINCE2®, (PRojects IN a Controlled Environment), firmly established as the world’s most practised method for Project Management: reliable, flexible and scalable. It is a structured Project management method covering the organisation, management and control of Projects.
PRINCE2® is a process-based approach for Project Management, providing an easily tailored and scalable method for the management of various types of Projects.
PRINCE2® 6th Edition courses are presented by QAI, the a leading global consulting and workforce development organization addressing ‘Operational Excellence’.
QAI has been assessed as the first Accredited Training Organization (ATO), based out of India, granted by APM Group, UK, after a rigorous evaluation and assessment.
What’s New in the New Version of PRINCE2® 6th Edition?
- Guidance on adopting PRINCE2® in Agile delivery approaches
- Additional guidance on Tailoring provided for each Theme and Process
- More practical considerations for organizational adoption
- Greater clarification on the linkage between Themes and Principles
- Change Theme now focuses on change management only, guidance on configuration management has been dropped
- There is recognition that projects can be commissioned by customer as well as opposed to Corporate/Program alone (as noted in previous versions)
Benefits of the new PRINCE2® 6th Edition Edition
- The know-how to manage a project of any scale with success. PRINCE2® fits smoothly to the needs of your organization, the nature and scope of your project
- Completely scalable – with more emphasis on Tailoring and Agile adoption
- Leverage the real-life expertise of the global PRINCE2® community through guidance that is practical, accessible, authoritative and relevant
- New exams, highlighting real-world application, will equip you more comprehensively for success in project management
- The updated PRINCE2® enhances your value as a project manager, today and in the years to come
Foundation and Practitioner Course
There are two levels to the qualification:
- Foundation Level
- Practitioner Level
The Foundation Level is the first qualification that is required to become a PRINCE2® Practitioner. This level is aiming to measure whether a candidate could act as an informed member of a project management team on a Project using the PRINCE2® method, within an environment supporting PRINCE2®. To this end they need to show they understand the core of the PRINCE2® method. The Foundation Exam Format is an hour of multiple choice questions (Closed book). 36 out of 60 correct answers are required to pass.
The Practitioner Level Candidates must pass the Foundation exam (or be a certified PMP®) before proceeding to the Practitioner level. The Practitioner Level aims to measure whether the candidate is able to apply PRINCE2® method to the running and managing of a Project. They need to show that they are able to tailor PRINCE2® to different project circumstances and understand the relationship between processes, themes and principles.
The Practitioner Exam is a “Scenario based” examination lasting Two and Half hours. This is an open . There are 35 standard classic and 11 matching (each carrying 3 question items) OTQs carrying 68 marks in total. A candidate needs to get at least 55% (38/68) marks to pass
It is possible to take the Foundation Level Certificate Examination only.
“Every LVC training will have a live Q&A (doubt clearing session) at the end of the training on a subsequent date. The date will be typically two weeks upon completion and every participant will receive further guidance and coaching as desired.”
Foundation and Practitioner Courses – including the respective Examinations – run for FOUR full days.
Who can attend:
Any Project Management practitioner , seeking to familiarize themselves with a widely adopted Global methodology and get Certified in this Methodology.
Benefits of Attending
Following the course, delegates will be able to organise, plan and control Projects quickly and effectively in accordance with the PRINCE2® Methodology.
- Precourse Reading Material
- Extensive Coverage of Various Principles, Themes and Processes
- Foundation level practice questions after major Sections
- Two full fledged Mock Foundation Tests and discussion of the responses
- Focused Coverage additionally required for Practitioner examination
- Two Full fledged Practitioner level Tests and discussion of responses
- Compact size workshops to have Individual level focus
The Foundation examination usually takes place on Third day of the Training and the Practitioner exam is administered on the Fourth day Afternoon
The broad daywise syllabus includes the following Module/ Topics:
- Overview Introduction and Quiz
- Principles and Quiz
- Tailoring and Adopting PRINCE2®
- Introduction to PRINCE2 Themes
- Business Case and Quiz
- Organisation and Quiz
- Quality and Quiz
- Plans and Quiz
- Risk and Quiz
- Change and Quiz
- Progress and Quiz
- Introduction to Processes
- Starting up a Project and Quiz
- Directing a Project and Quiz
- Initiating a Project and Quiz
- Controlling a Stage and Quiz
- Managing Product Delivery and Quiz
- Managing a Stage Boundary and Quiz
- Closing a Project and Quiz
Foundation Sample Paper 1 and discussions
FINAL FOUNDATION EXAMINATION
- Tailoring PRINCE2® to the Project environment
Revision of PRINCE2® Concepts (for Practitioner exam)-incl. Product based Planning
Sample Practitioner exam 1 – Full (with discussions)
FINAL PRACTITIONER EXAMINATION
Feedback and Valedictory
Note: Within the above syllabus, the daywise split of topics could vary to give the best learning experience for the Participants.
The quoted Price Includes:
- Course attendance/Discussions
- Course materials and practice exercises for Foundation & Practitioner examinations
- Examination fees
- Lunch and refreshments
What is PRINCE2®?
PRINCE2® (PRojectsIn Controlled Environments) is one of the widely used project management methods.
Is PRINCE2® confined to specific projects or generic?
PRINCE2® is generic and can be applied to any project across industries and organizations.
What are the eligibility criteria for PRINCE2® exams?
There is no eligibility criterion for attempting the PRINCE2® Foundation exam, however in order to opt for PRINCE2® Practitioner exam one needs to pass PRINCE2® Foundation exam.
How long do I have to wait for the results of my multiple choices CBT examinations?
For each multiple choice exam, every candidate receives the result paper and certificate within four weeks of the examination session.
How long are the PRINCE2® qualifications valid for?
PRINCE2® Foundation qualification are not valid for a defined period and will not expire but PRINCE® Practitioner will expire in every 5 years. After that one can retake the bridge exam.
What is the question format for PRINCE2® Foundation and PRINCE2® Practitioner exam?
The question format for PRINCE2® Foundation exam is multiple-choice format and descriptive question format for PRINCE2® Practitioner exam.
What happens if I fail an exam?
In the unfortunate case you failed an examination; you can take part in another examination session, which is subject to a re-sit fee. This does not necessarily have to be at the same examination centre.There is no limit to the number of times you can retake the examination.
Is QAI accredited by People Cert to provide PRINCE2® Certification Training?
Yes, QAI is accredited by People Cert as an ATO for PRINCE2® Foundation and PRINCE2® Practitioner training.
Please enter your details to proceed to the test
The assessment will allow you to gauge your current level of understanding of PRINCE2 themes, processes, principles, guidelines and give you an idea of topics covered in PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner workshop.
Number of questions:- 30
Pass percentage:- 50%
– PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.