Planning and Implementation Techniques For ITSM
This workshop helps participants plan and implement IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL®)-based Service Management and discusses best practice techniques that will help Service managers deliver best value to the business.
This course will enable delegates to:
- Review existing Service Management processes within the Service Development Life Cycle
- Create a Service Management Vision for the organization
- Identify the needs of key stakeholders in Service Management
- Develop KPI’s based on critical success factors (CSF’s)
- Develop a GAP analysis for existing Service Management activities
- Create a Business case for Service Management
- Use a formal transformation process to achieve the change from old processes to new, conformant, and processes
- Carry out ongoing monitoring and review of Service Management processes
- Senior IT Service professionals, who wish to apply best practice techniques and planning processes to implementing IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL®)-based Service Management
- Project staff and Applications Management staff who are responsible for supporting Service Management implementation projects
Overview of planning and Implementation issues The scope of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL® ) guidance. How the process works and links into the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL® ) guidance and the complete, Service Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC).
Creating a Service Management Vision How to identify stakeholders, and create a vision statement that is compatible with the ICT, Service Management and Business Strategy.
Where are we now (Understanding the current position) How to: Assess the current position for organization and infrastructure maturity.
Where do we want to be (Understanding the Objectives in Detail) How to: Determine the amount of change anticipated and manage it. Make a business case for change. Use tools.
How do we get where we want to be (Getting from A to B) How to: Manage the soft issues such as culture, training etc. Re-engineer the processes, create the implementation plan, identify the short term and strategic approaches. Select the best tools
Post Implementation Review How to: Check milestones have been reached, and objectives met. Retain focus, motivation and commitment and keep the momentum going. How Balanced Score Card and other techniques will help you. Impacts on the Service Delivery Lifecycle.