Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®)
MSP® represents proven programme management good practices in the successful delivery of transformational change, through the application of programme management. MSP® defines programme management as ”the action of carrying out the coordinated organization, direction and implementation of a dossier or projects and transformational activities to achieve outcomes and realise benefits of strategic importance to the business”. MSP® has been used and adopted within many organizations. The experiences of those who have adopted programme management have provided invaluable inputs into the latest edition of the guide, which is published in 2011.
Today’s organisations exist in a climate of constant and increasing change. Organizations that have learned how to transform themselves through effective leadership and strategic control are more likely to survive and prosper. Programme management is increasingly being recognized as key to enabling organizations to manage that transformation.
Managing Successful Programmes is definitive guidance in managing inter-related projects as a co-ordinated programme of business change in order to manage risks and benefits more effectively. Managing Successful Programmes is widely adopted in the public and private sectors, and developed by a consortium of over 100 organisations including from within services industries.
Along with the other Programme and Project Management guidance available from OGc and OG’s partners, MSP® aims to:
- provide referenceable standards
- provide a framework of best practice principles and concepts drawn from latest experiences and proven practice
- enable practitioners to adapt the guidance to real life situations
- be accessible by teams and organisations as well as by individual practitioners
- help practitioners improve their decision making and to become better at implementing beneficial change
- enable individuals to demonstrate their level of knowledge and understanding of the each product by obtaining a globally recognised qualification
“Every LVC training will have a live Q&A (doubt clearing session) at the end of the training on a subsequent date. The date will be typically two weeks upon completion and every participant will receive further guidance and coaching as desired.”
- Professionals employed in a program management role
- Senior project managers
- Program managers
- Operations managers
- Quality Assurance professionals
- Business Change Managers
- Project Delivery Team Members
- People who have completed PRINCE 2 certification
Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) is a 4 day training course, which covers the syllabi for foundation and practitioner exam levels for Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) method and includes the exams.
You will gain an understanding and knowledge of the processes and principles of the method to act as a programme manager. Class sizes are kept small to facilitate better interactions and discussions.
The training course fees include lunch, refreshments, the MSP® manual (‘Managing Successful Programmes’) and all other course materials.
The MSP® framework is based on three core concepts
- MSP® Principles: These are derived from positive and negative lessons learned from programme experiences. They are the common factors that underpin the success of any transformational change
- MSP® Governance Themes: These define an organisation’s approach to programme management. They allow an organisation to put in place the right leadership, delivery team, organisation structures and controls, giving the best chance for success
- MSP® Transformational Flow: This provides a route through the lifecycle of a programme from its conception through to the delivery of the new capability, outcomes and benefits
Please enter your details to proceed to the test
Pass percentage:- 50%
– MSP® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.