ITIL® 2011 Service Lifecycle: Service Strategy
The ITIL® 2011 Service Lifecycle: Service Strategy Certificate is a free-standing qualification, but is also part of the ITIL® Intermediate Lifecycle stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL® Expert in IT Service Management. The purpose of this training module and the associated exam and Certificate is, respectively, to impart, test, and validate the knowledge on industry practices in service management and strategy as documented in the ITIL® Service Strategy publication.
The course covers the management of service strategy and core information of supporting activities within the Service Strategy stage, but not the detail of each of the supporting processes.
-ITIL® is a Registered Trademark of the AXELOS. Limited
The main target group for the ITIL® Intermediate Qualification: Service Strategy Certificate includes but is not restricted to CIO’s, CTO’s, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers and ITSM trainers involved in the ongoing management, coordination and integration of strategizing activities within the Service Lifecycle.
The target group may also be of interest to:
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the ITIL® Service Strategy stage of the ITIL® Service Lifecycle and how activities in it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization
- IT professionals working in roles associated with strategic planning, execution and control within a service-based business model, seeking an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved in Service Strategy
- Individuals seeking the ITIL® Expert certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification is one of the prerequisite modules
- Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL® Master in IT Service Management for which the ITIL® Expert is a prerequisite
Prerequisite Entry Criteria
1. ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management or V2 to V3 bridge equivalent.
2. Successful completion of an Accredited Course for the module from an ITIL®Accredited Training Organization.
- Service Strategy Principles
- Defining Services and Market Spaces
- Conducting Strategic Assessments
- Financial Management
- Service Portfolio Management
- Managing Demand
- Driving Strategy Through The Service Lifecycle
- Critical Success Factors and Risks
Format of the Examination