ITIL 2011 Foundation (Live Virtual Mode)
In this case-study driven course, you’ll get an introduction to the concepts of IT Service Management (ITSM), and you’ll learn to apply the industry-standard IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL®) Service Support and Service Delivery principles within an IT department/organization. Using the case study, you’ll gain practical skills that reinforce material covered in class, resulting in greater knowledge retention and excellent preparation for the ITIL® 2011 Foundation Certification Exam.
What You’ll Learn
Learn about process improvements, benefits, and challenges, and get your ITIL® Foundation certification.
- Various ITIL® processes that can be implemented in an organization
- Benefits of implementing each ITIL® process in an organization
- Basic concepts related to each ITIL® process
- Activities and roles involved in each process
- Relationship of each ITIL® process with other processes
- Factors that affect the effectiveness of each ITIL® process
Candidates can expect to gain knowledge and understanding in the following upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification:
- Service management as a practice (comprehension)
- The ITIL service lifecycle(comprehension)
- Generic concepts and definitions (awareness)
- Key principles and models comprehension)
- Selected processes (awareness)
- Selected functions (awareness)
- Selected roles (awareness)
- Technology and architecture (awareness)
- Competence and training (awareness)
|There are no formal criteria or pre-requisites for candidates wishing to attend an accredited ITIL® Foundation course, though some familiarity with IT terminology and an appreciation of their own business environment is strongly recommended.||Anyone involved in the IT service profession including:
Individuals who require a basic understanding of the ITIL® framework and how it may be used to enhance the quality of ITSM within an organization.
IT professionals that are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL® who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing service improvement programme.