COURSE DURATION: 40 hours
DELIVERY METHODOLOGY: LVC
This course is certificated by the Chartered Quality Institute (CQI) and International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA). CQI / IRCA Course Certification Number 17977-PR 238.
The objective of this course is to equip learners with the knowledge and skills required to perform audits of QMS against ISO 9001:2015 in accordance with ISO 19011.
- Describe the purpose of a QMS, of QMS standards, of QMS audit and of third-party certification.
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow-up a QMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021 where appropriate.
- Plan, conduct, report and follow-up an audit of a QMS to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 9001 and in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021 where appropriate.
Learners will need to demonstrate acceptable performance in these areas to complete the course successfully.
Before starting this course, learners are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
– The relationship between quality management and customer satisfaction;
– Commonly used quality management terms and definitions and the seven quality principles as given in ISO 9000;
– The process approach used in quality management;
– The model of a process-based QMS, the structure and content of ISO 9001.
Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, which may be gained by completing an IRCA certified QMS Foundation Training course or equivalent.
VILT SESSION 1: 195 MINUTES
- Quality management systems and the ISO 9000 series of standards
- Process-based quality management systems
VILT SESSION 2: 205 MINUTES
- Process-based quality management systems – continued
VILT SESSION 3: 155 MINUTES
- Registration, certification and auditor competence
VILT SESSION 4: 190 MINUTES
- Audits: definition, principles and types
- The audit process
VILT SESSION 5: 190 MINUTES
- Preparing for the on-site audit (audit stage 1)
VILT SESSION 6: 190 MINUTES
- Developing a checklist
VILT SESSION 7: 160 MINUTES
- Conducting the on-site audit (audit stage 2)
- Audit review
VILT SESSION 8: 190 MINUTES
- Audit reporting and follow-up
VILT SESSION 9: 190 MINUTES
- Specimen examination
VILT SESSION 10: 190 MINUTES
- Role Play – conducting the audit
- Audit report
VILT SESSION 11: 200 MINUTES
- Specimen examination – continued
- Case study presentations
VILT SESSION 12: 185 MINUTES
- Case study presentations – continued
WRITTEN EXAM DAY: CLASSROOM BASED WITHIN 180 DAYS OF COURSE START DATE.
Learners will be required to complete the face to face examination within 180 days upon VILT course completion. Those who pass both the face to face examination and continuous assessment will be issued with a “Certificate of Achievement” that satisfies the formal training for an individual seeking certification as a CQI / IRCA auditor / lead auditor. The “Certificate of Achievement” is valid for a period of five years from the date of the last day of the Course for the purpose of certifying as an auditor with the CQI / IRCA.