Data Visualizations with Tableau and R
Business Decision making requires insights faster than ever. With complexity in data becoming more and more the need for data driven insights in palatable form is more and more important. Data Visualization help business information come alive with impact and communicates complex ideas simply
Data visualization is the presentation of data in a pictorial or graphical format. It enables decision makers to see analytics presented visually, so they can grasp difficult concepts or identify new patterns.
This course aims to teach data visualization and its concepts. Focus will be on hands-on exercises across multiple business use cases in different business scenarios. We aim to take practitioners through the myriad set of activities that will help create impact visualizations. We will cover concepts, tools, techniques as well as demystify the various concepts associated with data visualization.
This 3-Day workshop will help practitioners who want to get introduced to data visualization to know clearly what is involved and what will be areas that they can tap into. This involves hands-on exercises with multiple tools of theories of visualization, usage of tools like Tableau and R for visualizing data across multiple business scenarios and case studies to work on to ensure that participants are familiarized with the discipline of data visualization.
This course is recommended for executives, managers, and professionals who are in keen to get into the field of analytics and would like to know the full chain involved.
- Industry professionals
- Information Management Specialists in the organization
- Process and metrics specialists providing information and dashboards to executive management
The following are the topics that will be covered in the workshop:
- What is data visualization? Definition and distinctions.
- Define Visualization and terms associated
- Use cases of application of Visualization
- The Lifecycle
- The Data Visualization Design Workflow
- Formulating your brief
- Assessing the physicality and meaning of data
- Fundamental visualization design principles
- Colour theory and best practice applications
- Awareness of the spectrum of different chart types and their roles
- Introducing Tableau
- Introducing Features
- Creating your first dashboard
- Filters and linkages
- Making your dashboard aligned
- Case Study with Tableau
- Using R for Data Visualization
- Statistical Graphs
- Advanced Visualization using R
- Connecting Tableau and R – Visualizing Advanced Statistical Results in Tableau