DEVOPS in the Playground
- Master DevOps tools and automate your SDLC process.
- Gain knowledge in building end to end a Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI-CD) pipeline.
- Also learn Web Deployment Automation across multi OS platform such as Ubuntu, Rhel and Windows 2012 server.
- Gain hands on knowledge on DevOps toolset like Jenkins, Github, Sonarqube, Nexus, Docker and Chef Automation.
What will you be able to do after attending this course?
After completing this course you will be able to
- Deploy Jenkins server
- Github – create and commit changes to repository
- Deploy a complete Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipeline
- Gain elementary knowledge of Docker containerization with hands-on lab
- Automate Common Infrastructure Tasks with Chef
- Write Simple Cookbooks
- Start Managing Nodes in your own infrastructure with Chef
What are the next steps after this course?
After you complete this course you consider following action, possibly in the order specified.
- Start applying knowledge gained to automate your infrastructure
- Start writing your own cookbooks and customizing community ones
- Consider Docker and Chef Advanced Course if required
This course is suitable for you if you are:
- System Administrator, or
- QA Engineer
- Operations Engineer, or
- Build and Release Engineer, or
- Site Reliability Engineer, or
- Automation Engineer, or
- in a similar ops/systems related roles
And have at least 2 years of experience with either administering IT infrastructure/applications or with automation
What do you need to know before attending?
- Basic understanding of Linux/Unix system concepts
- Familiarity with Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Familiarity with a Text Editor
Day 1: The Big Picture
Demystifying DevOps (Theory)
- What is DevOps?
- Why DevOps?
- Physical to Virtual Container
- Devops Tools – Introduction of SCM, CI/CD, Configuration Management tools
- Introduction to Docker Engine
Devops Tools Introduction and Live demo
- Before Devops – Manual Process ( Git clone, compile, package and deploy java App)
- Create CI/CD Pipeline – Automate ( Git clone, Compile, Package and deploy Java App) using Jenkins
- Static code Analysis – Sonarqube
- Docker Demo – Deploy docker and create ,start, stop and delete containers
- Jenkins with Docker integration
- Configuration management – Automate deploying Web-server on RHEL, Ubuntu and Win 2012 server
Day 02- DevOps Technical Essentials
SCM : Live Demo (Hands on Lab by students)
- Github – Create an account and fork your application code
- Git clone the github code , Use maven to compile and package java source code
- Deploy .jar file manually
Continuous Integration Tool – (Hands on Lab by students)
- Jenkins – Deploy Jenkins on Ubuntu 14.04 server ( each student will deploy his Jenkins server)
- Continuous Integration setup – Jenkins and Github
Code Packaging automation – (Hands on Lab by students)
- Automation Maven test, Compile and Package ( .jar) using Jenkins
Static Code Analysis (Hands on Lab by trainer)
- Understand sonarqube ( deployed by trainer)
- Students to Integrate Jenkins (CI) server with Sonarqube ( lab by students)
- Sonarqube –static code analysis and set quality gates
Day 03- DevOps Technical Essentials
Continuous Deployment – (Hands on Lab by students)
- Add slave nodes to Jenkins
- Automate deployment of your .jar file to server
- Building Pipeline scripts and stages in SDLC
Containers On Ubuntu Docker host – (Hands on Lab by students)
- Module Introduction
- Deploy ,Login, exit container
- List, Start, Stop, restart containers
- where containers are stored
- working on multiple containers
- Container stats and inspect
- Deleting containers
Configuration Management Tool ( Hands on Lab by students) Lab 6.1
- Module Introduction
- Create account of hosted chef server
- Upload cookbooks to chef server
- Register 3 nodes – Win 2012, Ubuntu and RHEL
- Automate web server deployment on all 3 nodes
Do you have to bring your own laptop to the class?
Yes. You will need to carry your own laptop to the class.
We will provide you with all the software required and help you configure it.
Wifi access will be provided.
Our Most Popular Courses: