DevOps Foundation Certification Course
This sixteen (16) hour course provides an introduction to DevOps – the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration and automation in order to improve the flow of work between software developers and IT operations professionals. Improved workflows will result in an improved ability to design, develop, deploy and operate software and services faster.
The learning objectives for DevOps Foundation include an understanding of:
- DevOps objectives and vocabulary
- Benefits to the business
- Concepts and practices — including its relationship to Agile, Lean and IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Improved workflows
- Improved communication and feedback loops
- Reliance on automation
- Applying DevOps in an enterprise environment
- Critical success factors and key performance indicators
- Real-life examples and results
Course / Student Materials
Sixteen (16) hours of instructor-led training and exercise facilitation
- DevOps – The Basics (pre-class resource)
- Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Participation in unique exercises designed to apply concepts
- Sample documents, templates, tools and techniques
- Access to additional sources of information and communities
Successfully passing (65%) the 60 minute exam, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the DevOps
Foundation Certificate. The certification is governed, administered and maintained by the DevOps Institute. The DevOps Foundation Certificate will be the pre-requisite for future DevOps certification courses.
How Will a DevOps Training and Certification Help me?
- The DevOps® Foundation certification provides professionals with the introduction of DevOps® i.e. the professional and cultural movement that focuses on collaboration, communication, automation and integration.
- The DevOps® Foundation certification focuses on improving the work flow between IT Operations professionals and software developers.
- This certification through improved flow of work will improve a professional’s ability to design, develop, deploy and operate software and deliver faster services. The duration of DevOps® Foundation course is 16 hours.
- Upon successfully clearing the DevOps® certification exam, an individual becomes DevOps® Professional. In the current business environment, DevOps® Professional is a highly sought after designation especially in the fields of automation and cloud infrastructure.
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone who has ever worked in IT development (applications or infrastructure) or operations OR are currently managing these areas.
- For people who are delivering technical/business benefits such as continuous integration, continuous delivery, faster delivery of features while maintaining production stability as well as breaking- down barriers and reducing cycle times.
- Course Introduction
- Why DevOps?
- What is DevOps?
- DevOps and IT Performance
- DevOps and Automation
- Measuring DevOps Success
- DevOps Principles
- DevOps Patterns
- DevOps and other Frameworks
- DevOps Culture
- DevOps Organizational consideration
- Promoting Collaboration
- Improving Communication
- DevOps Practices
- DevOps Automation Practices
- DevOps Tool Chain
- Adopting DevOps Culture
- Practical Exercises to start DevOps Journey
- Discussion Summary and Next Steps
Our Most Popular Courses: