People live in two worlds, Physical and Virtual and both need to be understood for the right results. Design is not how it looks like but how it works. Design Thinking helps solve wicked problems and is the best tool to handle ambiguous situations
This two-day program delves into the fundamentals of the Design Thinking approach by immersing you in collaborative exercises, dynamic discussions, relevant readings, and quizzes. You will experience the power of Design Thinking concepts to create a path to innovation, unveil new possibilities, and make a greater contribution to your organization’s future success.
Topics covered include fundamental principles of Design Thinking, the Design Thinking process steps, and awareness of some of the tools used in Design Thinking.
Learnings and Benefits from the Session
- Emerging decision makers build their expertise in this workshop with specific design tools and methods as well as understand the end to end human centered framework.
- Uncover opportunities and hidden potential in your organization.
- Learn the framework that helps build ecosystems
- Align various stakeholders and leaders towards a single purpose
- Create a culture of design and empathy in your organization
- Create real business impact over sustained periods of time
- Understand tools and techniques that are shaping the world today
There is no eligibility criteria set for the course. But it is essential to come with an open mind and be OK with ambiguity.
The workshop is conducted in a customized training venue. A laptop is desirable to have but not mandatory. There are no other requirements – software or otherwise.
- Importance of Design and What is Design Thinking – Importance of design in today’s economy; Design Thinking Principles; What is meant by a “experience”
- Writing the Problem Statement – Technique to identify and write the right problem statement
- Understanding Stakeholders and Users – Business Goals and priorities, Vision Statement; Techniques to understand behavior of consumers
- Personas, Empathy Maps – Deriving Insights, Segmentation, and Techniques to create Persona and Empathy of Users
- Current Scenarios to identify pain points – Current Journeys of personas and prioritization of focus areas
- Ideation and Storyboarding – Ideation and Storyboarding tools and techniques
- Deriving Goals from Ideas – Identify Business goals through prioritization techniques
- Future Scenarios and Moments of Max Impact – Visualize the future state and prioritize the “moments”
- Prototyping – The goals of prototyping; Designing Prototypes
Post Workshop Engagement – Applying the learnings in a real world scenario
To further reinforce and implement their learning’s, participants work on a real world business problem under the mentorship of a QGLUE Designer in Residence.
This will be made possible via Skype/Conference calls and regular follow ups, in a period of 4-6 weeks post the workshop.
The participants will undergo the following stages:
1) Identify and Review the real world problem statement
The participants in conjunction with the Design Coach identify a real world, complex problem and work through the identified Problem, reframe as necessary and elevate the problem to represent human needs beyond the technological or business needs.
2) Field Research and Synthesis
The team go on the field and learn about user’s motivations, concerns, inhibitions and their needs.The Design Coach reviews the approach and offers methods to extract insights from realms of data collected
3) Ideating and Building Customer Journeys
Ideation is a change of mindset, judgment free thinking, responding and a sense of collaboration with other participants.It is essential we see solutions in the form of journeys. This allows for a broader canvas and a holistic view and allows for comparison between what is and what should be.
4) The 3 P’s – Prioritisation, Prototyping & Presentation
Creativity and holistic thinking allows for lofty ideals and ideas, it is essential these are prioritised, prototyped and tested on the practicality of implementation.Present findings and solutions to the Design Coach.
Receive QAI | QGLUE Certificate on successful completion
David P. Issac comes with over 24 years of extensive experience designing processes and business process improvement to enhance customer and stakeholder experiences. David is a certified Design Thinker from MIT Sloan. He has consulted and trained more than 100+ organisations in India and abroad which include companies like Aon Hewitt, Airtel, Prudential, First data etc. using the design thinkers creative mind-set to design innovative solutions, transforming process and user experience.
David is currently consulting organisations for business transformation using a blend of Design thinking, Innovation TRIZ – Theory of the Resolution of Invention-Related Tasks and DFSS- Design for Six Sigma. He is a certified practitioner of TRIZ Innovation by The International TRIZ Association at Level3.
Arvind Lodaya trained in Product Design and consults in branding, design thinking and innovation.
He advises & teaches at premier institutes in India & overseas—and has been involved in several startups, including an environmental NGO, a museum on conflict, a strategic design consultancy and a design-led business incubator. He has consulted and trained many organizations such as EY India, Makemytrip, Goibibo, Selco Foundation, Startup Village etc. using Design Thinking applications. A former Creative Director at Ogilvy and a Senior Faculty & Dean (Research) at Srishti.
His current interests include impact entrepreneurship, Design Thinking & innovation cultures, cultural policy, transcultural design and integrating design with deep values.
Kshitij Marwah is a MIT TR35 “Most Innovator of the Year” Under The Age of 35, co-founder of the MIT Media Lab India Initiative and was also on the Forbes 30 under 30 list for 2018. He is a double graduate from Harvard-MIT Health Sciences and Technology program and the MIT Media Lab.
His curriculum developed at MIT has been deployed across Fortune 500 companies and top universities across spectrum enabling a new generation of innovators and spin-offs to tackle some of the hardest problems affecting these organizations. He has numerous publications and patents to his name and his inventions have been showcased across Forbes, USA Today, WIRED, TechCrunch amongst others.