Often testing is seen as a difficult and uncontrollable process. Testing is taking longer than estimated. There is little or no insight in the quality of the test process, and in relation to this, in the quality of the test object and the risks for the business. What has to be done in this matter?
Improvement of the test process can be a solution for organizations. In practice it is difficult to define how to improve the testing process. A couple of models to improve are available to support in this matter. A model will provide insight how mature a testing process within the organization is and provides an overview which activities in which sequence need to be implemented in order to improve the testing process in a controlled way.
The objective of the training is to provide insight in the importance of structured testing, the need for test process improvement, the different models and the change process to implement changes within the organization. Apart from the theory, the course contains a number of exercises in order to gain practical experience.
After the completion of the course, the participants would be able to:
- Understand the concepts and framework of Defect Prevention
- Understand how to implement a Defect Prevention program in the organization
- Understand how to estimate defects and plan for carrying out Defect Prevention
- Understand the tools and templates essential for Defect Prevention
The target audience for the program are professionals with minimum of two years of experience with regards to various phases of Software Development Life Cycles and Software Testing, and should be involved with any / all / either of the functions given below:
- Project Management
- Quality Process Engineering
- Software Quality Assurance
- The Business Motivation for Defect Prevention
- Requirements Engineering Process
- How do we measure Defects?
- Practices and Tools for Defect Analysis
- Defect Prevention as a Continuous Improvement Process
- How to establish a Defect Prevention Program