CSTE Exam Study Course
This is a two-day Certified Software Test Engineer Preparation Course is designed specifically to prepare the quality testing practitioner for the CSTE examination. This course is taught by a certified QAI instructor. The course aids the quality testing professional in focusing in on the topics that are important for understanding, thus helping toward the successful completion of the exam. This course is not intended to supplant the need to study the CBOK. However, it will serve as an excellent review of the Software Testing Common Body of Knowledge (CBOK) which consists of ten skill categories. Sample exam questions are provided throughout the course.
By the end of the course, the following topics will have been discussed with emphasis on how to answer the examination questions in each area.
• Software Development Life Cycles
• Verification & Validation Life Cycle Quality Framework
• Test Techniques
• Test Planning
Improving the Test Process
Applying Tools to the Test Process
Test Taking Tips
Pre- and Post-test Examination
The CSTE Exam Prep Course covers the following 10 skills categories.
• Software Testing Principles and Concepts (Day 1)
• Building the Test Environment (Day 1)
• Managing the Test Project (Day 1)
• Test Planning (Day 2)
• Executing the Test Plan (Day 2)
• Test Status, Analysis, and Reporting (Day 2)
• User Acceptance Testing (Day 2)
• Testing Software Developed by Outside Organizations (Day 2)
• Testing Software Controls and the Adequacy of Security Procedures (Day 2)
• Testing New Technologies (Day 2)