CMST Preparatory Training & Mock Examination
The Certified Manager of Software Testing (CMST) certification establishes a worldwide standard for the assessment of the capabilities and competencies of software testing professionals that are working at, or soon will work at, the software testing management level.
Acquiring the designation of Certified Manager of Software Testing (CMST) indicates a level of professional competence in both the principles and practices of software testing, demonstrating the skills and capabilities necessary to manage the software test function. CMST certification provides IT upper management a necessary tool to predict the likelihood of success of individuals applying for management level positions. The CMST certification provides the IT professional with an objective assessment of their management skills.
The CMST Preparatory Course has been designed specifically to prepare the software quality testing managers for the CMST examination.
After the completion of the course, the participants would be able to:
Define the tasks (skill categories) associated with software testing duties in order to evaluate skill mastery.
Demonstrate an individual’s willingness to improve professionally.
Acknowledge attainment of an acceptable standard of professional competency.
Aid organizations in selecting and promoting qualified individuals.
Motivate personnel having software testing responsibilities to maintain their professional competency.
Assist individuals in improving and enhancing their organization’s software testing programs (i.e., provide a mechanism to lead a professional).
This course is for test professionals who will be appearing for the CMST examination.
- Skill Category 1 – Software Testing Principles and Concepts
- Skill Category 2 – Building the Test Environment
- Skill Category 3 – Managing the Test Project
- Skill Category 4 – Test Planning
- Skill Category 5 – Executing the Test Plan
- Skill Category 6 – Test Reporting Process
- Skill Category 7 – User Acceptance testing
- Skill Category 8 – Testing Software Developed by Contractors
- Skill Category 9 – Testing Internal Control
- Skill Category 10 – Testing New Technologies
- Mock Tests and Case studies