The Cloud Computing Foundation certification provides you, clearly and concisely, the basics of Cloud Computing. The Cloud Computing Foundation is unavoidable a tiny bit technical, however emphasizes the characteristics, advantages and disadvantages, and general management aspects of Cloud Computing.
- Learn the basics.
- Vendor neutral.
- Independent global validation of Cloud Computing knowledge.
QAI Cloud Computing Foundation Training program is for everyone playing a role or having an interest in the use and management of internet based services. Specific roles that would benefit are:
- Management Positions (Commercial, IT, Procurement, Finance, etc.).
- IT Professionals (Administrators, Service Managers).
- Staff of Service Providers.
Cloud Computing ties in well with programs, such as IT Service Management and Information Security. The Cloud Computing Foundation certification has been created in close
Collaboration with industry and trade organizations.
Course Day wise Breakup
The principles of Cloud computing
1.1 The concept of Cloud computing
1.2 The evolution of Cloud computing
1.3 Cloud computing architectures- Public, Private, Hybrid
1.4 Benefits and limitations of Cloud computing
2. Using the Cloud
2.1 Accessing the Cloud
2.2 Mobility and the Cloud
3. Security and Identity management
3.1 Securing in the Cloud
3.2 Identity Management
Implementing and managing Cloud computing
4.1 Building local Cloud networks
4.2 Supporting the use of Cloud computing
4.3 Standards in Cloud computing
5. Evaluation of Cloud computing
5.1 The business case
5.2 Evaluating implementations
6.1: Mock Exam
6.2: Exin Cloud Computing Foundation Exam
Cloud Computing Foundation Certification
Candidates are tested on five categories:
- The principles of Cloud Computing. This chapter deals with definitions, types of clouds (Public, Private and Hybrid) and cloud services (IAAS, PAAS, SAAS);
- Using the Cloud. This part is about accessing the cloud and mobility in the cloud ;
- Security and Compliance. Is about the risks of cloud computing and the measures you can take;
- Implementing and managing Cloud Computing. You learn about local cloud networks and how to support the use of cloud computing,
- Evaluation of Cloud Computing. Examples of the subjects here are cost aspects, (dis)advantages and SLA’s.
- Number of questions: 40
- Pass mark: 65% (26 out of 40)
- Open book/notes: no
- Electronic equipment permitted: no