Certificate Program in Software Quality Assurance
Quality is a key measure of project success. Software producers want to be assured of the product quality before delivery. For this, they need to plan and perform a systematic set of activities called Software Quality Assurance (SQA).
SQA helps ensure that quality is incorporated into a software product. It aims at preventing errors and detecting them as early as possible. SQA provides confidence to software producers that their product meets the quality requirements. SQA activities include setting up processes and standards, detecting and removing errors, also preventing errors and ensuring that every project performs project SQA activities.
Quality is every ones responsibility, be it development staff or a budding quality professional. Every person is accountable for the part of services that s/he is expected to deliver to internal or external customer. Quality counts, for each deliverable and service. It is a distinguishing factor and used as one of the main parameters for comparison against competition.
This Certification program is specially designed to provide the needed skill set for an Entry Level Software Quality Analyst in the Software Industry. The program focuses on understanding Software Quality, Process Engineering, Process Implementation, Quality Assurance Activities, QC Tools, Quality Standards, Models and Frameworks.
The total duration of the program is for 10 compulsory modules are 10 days for an individual.
- Understand fundamental principles, concepts, and practices of software quality
- Understand the importance of process orientation
- Be able to relate quality and process in the context of software engineering life cycles
- Understand the importance of metrics in assessing quality
- Describe Software Quality Assurance (SQA), its activities, goals, and responsibilities
- Understand & implement steps involved in setting-up and launching SQA function
- Understand & apply the concepts of reviews and how to conduct the same
- Understand & apply the concepts of some of the process frameworks commonly popular as Quality models and techniques namely ISO, CMMI®, PCMM®, ITIL, 6 Sigma
- Delivery is mainly done through Instructor Led Training
- Continuous Evaluation at the end of every module
- Student is required to do the practice school program at the end of the course
At the end of the training program, the student would gain the following skills:
- Knowledge on Software Quality Assurance Control
- Ability to understand Process Models and Frameworks
- Undertake Software Quality Assurance activities in a structured manner Create QA Plans
- Facilitate and training project teams in process implementation
- Conduct Internal Audits and report results
- Perform data analysis
- Fresh Graduates from Universities looking for a job in Software Quality Assurance
- Non – IT professionals interested in shifting to Software Quality Assurance
- Software Testers & Developers who want to move to Quality Assurance
- Students pursuing IT training and certification programs like MCAD, MCDBA, or MCTS
- Bachelors in Engineering, Sciences, IT
- Polytechnic Students or students pursuing IT training programs like MCA
|01||Understanding Software Engineering Concepts & Lifecycles||01|
|02||Introduction to Quality||01|
|05||Internal Auditing Techniques||01|
|06||Quality Control Tools||01|
|07||Overview to CMMI®||01|
|08||Overview to 6 Sigma||01|
|09||Overview to ISO 9000, PCMM® & ITIL||01|
|10||Organization Change Management & Soft Aspects of Quality||01|
|Total Duration||10 days|