Boot Camp For Software Quality
Quality is everyone’s responsibility. Each person is responsible for that part of the code or project artefact or service that he/she is expected to deliver to internal or external customers; and Quality counts for each deliverable. It is the primary distinguishing factor that imparts a competitive edge.
This intense workshop covers the fundamental concepts of Software Quality. The program is meant for every software professional in an organization, since it seeks to familiarize the participants with crucial Quality concepts. No prior knowledge is required. The workshop covers the basics of Quality & aims to sensitize the participants to Quality in context of Software Engineering so that they can:
- Appreciate Quality and its characteristics.
- Have a buy-in for the Quality initiatives in the organization.
- Understand the importance of process orientation.
To foster the understanding of the concepts of Quality, Quality Assurance and Quality Control, Process and Process Models and provide:
- Insight into the use of some of the simpler techniques.
- Understanding of quality principles and approaches that have emerged from the salient works of Quality gurus.
- In-depth understanding of Quality models like ISO and CMMI®
- To help understand the concepts of Quality, Quality Assurance & Quality Control, Process & Process Models. To grasp Quality models like ISO & CMMI®
- To understand Quality principles & approaches as explained by work of Quality gurus.
The workshop follows lecture supplemented with illustrations. The instructor maintains a high level of interaction and discussion to satisfy the student’s needs in their work environments.
Extensive experiential learning and cases studies will be integrated in the workshop proceedings.
- Quality concepts
- Project variables, Quality Control and Quality Assurance, Cost of Quality, Workbench, Product and Process Quality
- Software engineering overview
- Lifecycle phases in the context of Quality implementation
- Quality approaches and models
- TQM, learning from gurus e.g. PDCA, Deming & Applying TQM
- Process concept, Standards, guidelines, models, the Quality Pyramid
- Quality Control
- Testing – What and why of testing, levels of testing, types of testing, testing lifecycle (planning, execution, completion)
- Reviews/ inspections/ walkthroughs – Why review, types of review (inspection, walkthrough, checkpoint review) and the processes
- Why metrics, metrics and measurement, some key rules, examples, the approach to derive metrics
- Tally sheets, Run chart, Bar chart, Histograms, Pareto charts, Scatter diagrams, Control charts, Cause effect, Brainstorming.
- Broad coverage of ISO 9001:2000, CMMI® and CMMI®
- Quality tools