Agile Test Strategies & Management
This course provides two days of experience in managing and controlling Agile Software Testing projects, looking at the underlying philosophy and motivation for this trend in software testing /development and examining the core practices.
The course does not teach any specific tool or technique but provides an introduction to the Agile Methods that will enable the participants to make informed decisions regarding practices that will be effective for their own organizations.
After the completion of the course, the participants would be able to:
- Understand the basic concepts of Agile, Scrum and Sprints
- Understand and practice the method of estimation in Agile
- Understand Agile Testing Strategies and Planning
- Know about Test Team dynamics
- Participants are expected to have some understanding of basic business practice, and to have been exposed to aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle and Software Testing.
- Participants should have some experience in guiding or leading teams and/or projects.
- Agile concepts
- Introduction to Scrum
- Estimation in Agile
- Exercise on estimation using story points
- Agile testing strategies / planning
- Release Testing and automation
- Test team dynamics
- Agile Engineering/Best practices
- Release management and Metrics
- Exercise: Release planning and Estimation
- Case Studies and exercises