Advanced – Certified Scrum Master®
Advance scrum master is the stepping stone to your next level journey in the world of scrum. Agile is a lifelong journey and getting certified scrum master was your first step. It’s time to materialize on the concepts you learnt during the scrum master workshop to build a strong career in agile and scrum.
A-CSM is the new and additional step introduced recently by Scrum Alliance to reach the next level, i.e. Certified Scrum Professional. If you have a year or more experience of working in scrum environment along with an active scrum master certificate, A-CSM is recommended for you.
A-CSM is an experiential learning workshop with focus on building a strong agile and scrum concepts for the participants. A-CSM® and A-CSPO® candidates are expected to build a body of knowledge of the Scrum framework, including its roles, events, and artefacts.
Incorporating Scrum principles and practices takes diligence, patience, and a commitment to continuous improvement. Participants imbibe these scrum principles by participating in the practical exercises, fun games and other experiential learning methodologies.
Scrum is a framework, not a prescriptive methodology. Participants in an A-CSM course should expect that each Learning Objective identified in this document will be covered in an A-CSM educational offering.
- It helps you reach one step close to your CSP-SM Certification
- Globally recognized by Scrum Alliance as advance certification in scrum
- Offers exposure to advance scrum concepts.
- Participants will get 16 Scrum Alliance SEUs and 16 PDUs for PMI
- Merit recognition as a A-CSM on the Scrum Alliance website
For the A-CSM Certification, the following are the pre-requisites:
- Attend a certified educational offering to get techniques and skills that go beyond the basics and mechanics of Scrum, expanding into interaction, facilitation, coaching, and team dynamics.
- Successfully complete all educator-designed components of an approved educational offering. This may include pre or post course work as deemed necessary by your approved educator to complete the learning objectives.
- Validate at least one year of work experience specific to the role of ScrumMaster (within the past five years).
- Hold an active Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) certification with the Scrum Alliance.
NOTE: You may take the A-CSM course at any time after completing your CSM certification, but must have at least 12 months of Scrum Master experience logged into your Scrum Alliance profile before you can receive your A-CSM certification.
Through the A-CSM course, you’ll learn to:
- Facilitate dialogue between the Product Owner, team members, customers, stakeholders, and executives.
- Respond confidently when encountering resistance to change, lack of engagement, low motivation, and unavailability of key people.
- Help your company adopt Scrum and support executives committed to Agile values.
- Remove impediments that prevent long-term, deep adoption of Scrum and Agile practices by all parts of the business.
- Explain the value of Scrum and Agile processes to skeptics.
- Increase developer engagement to encourage greater accountability, commitment, and buy-in.
- Extend the impact of Scrum throughout the organization.
- Scale Scrum and Agile beyond a single team.
- Leverage your learning to gain recognition and status as the local Agile expert in your company.
Most importantly, by receiving the A-CSM certification, you will improve your implementation of Scrum in the workplace and keep your team on the right track.
When do I need to renew my A-CSM™ certification and how do I renew it?
Your A-CSM™ certification is good for two years. At this moment, the process for renewal is being determined. Expect to receive details about the renewal process in the near future.
Can I take an A-CSM™ educational offering before I have the required work experience?
Indeed you can. The required work experience is a requirement that can be met before, during or after you have completed the A-CSM coursework. You can complete the education component while you earn work experience as a ScrumMaster. Remember that you will need to enter at least one year of your ScrumMaster work experience, within the past five years, on your Scrum Alliance dashboard in order to successfully complete the A-CSM certification.
If I have my CSM® and already have 12 months of work experience as a ScrumMaster, do I have to wait a year before taking the Advanced Certified ScrumMaster™ (A-CSM™) educational offering?
No need to wait. If you already have at least 12 months of work experience as a ScrumMaster (within the past five years), and your role-based work experience has been entered onto your Scrum Alliance dashboard, the work experience requirement for the certification has been met. This means that once you enroll in an A-CSM™ program and complete all coursework, you’ll be eligible to receive your certification.
Also, if you have at least 24 months of experience working as a ScrumMaster (also within the past five years), you can progress directly from the A-CSM™ to CSP-SM™ without waiting a year.
How do I earn the Advanced Certified ScrumMaster™ (A-CSM™) certification?
To earn an Advanced CSM, you first must have an active CSM® certification with Scrum Alliance®. With your CSM, you must successfully achieve and be validated by a Path to CSP Educator, all the A-CSM™ learning objectives defined. Students must successfully complete all Educator-designed components of an approved educational offering, in addition to demonstrating at least one-year work experience specific to the role of ScrumMaster, within the past five years.
What does it mean to have the Advanced ScrumMaster™ (A-CSM™) certification?
Once your foundational learning in CSM® is complete and initial certification is achieved, you’ll spend a year of supplemental learning and professional practice. You will then continue to Advanced CSM, where you’ll acquire tools and knowledge in: the principles of Agile facilitation and coaching fundamentals; Scrum mastery and personal development; and servant leadership. By the time you complete the A-CSM program and earn your certification, you’ll be able to demonstrate proven ability to facilitate dialogue, work with teams, and be an effective ScrumMaster.
Our Most Popular Courses: