|Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide subject-matter expertise and coach teams around the principles, practices, of Lean and help build an Agile mindset and culture within teams.
- Participate in establishing a roadmap for the Agile transformation along with the sponsors and driving its implementation across multiple teams
- Facilitate estimation and planning, daily progress, customer reviews, demos and retrospective sessions with teams.
- Guide the team in their continuous improvement journey using the relevant metrics such as WIP, Cycle time, Throughput
- Coach the teams around specific methodologies that include Agile Chartering, Story Mapping, Persona creation, Value Stream Mapping, Release Planning, Impact Mapping etc.
- Conduct sessions with teams around Agile Overview, Processes and Practices, writing user stories. backlog refinement, TDD, Test automation, CI and on agile tools and techniques as required. The approach should be creative, innovative and effective to ensure concepts are understood by the team.
- Coach and mentor other scrum masters within the organization. Ensure that their Agile ways of working are consistent across the teams
- Provide insights into areas for improvements with a focus on outcomes.
- Build a good rapport with sponsor and senior management within the client organization highlighting periodically the risks/issues/concerns in Agile adoption with solutions to overcome bottle-necks and ways to institutionalize practices
- Build QAI brand in Agile space – Should work with Agile Practice team in QAI and develop next level of Practice roadmap and become QAI ambassador in facilitating Agile conferences, clinics, and colloquiums
- Work closely with QAI agile practices and Business development teams
| Skills Required
- Educational qualification – BE, BCA, MCA preferred
- 12–15 years of total IT industry experience in Software Development, and Project Management with hands on working expertise as team member/project lead in AGILE projects
- Must – At least 6 years of total experience should be hands-on working in an agile project environment, preferably in a variety of roles, Agile Team member, Scrum Master, Agile coach, positions and projects/ domains
- Must – 6 years Role as Agile coach & mentor (internal to organization like working in Agile COE) and AGILE consultant (external organizations) (Preferable with referenced clients, projects and case-studies) – evangelizing Agile/Scrum/XP practices, methods, tools and techniques in the organization.
- Minimum Certified SCRUM Master (CSM) and preferably additional certifications like PMI ACP,
- CSPO (Certified SCRUM Product owner), CSP (Certified Scrum Professional) and CSC (Certified SCRUM Coach) and Safe Agilist (SA).
- Strong subject matter expertise and experience in using AGILE principles and techniques – Kanban, Kaizen, SCRUM, XP, Iterative Development, LEAN, Safe and similar other core principles and techniques.
- High degree of familiarity and operational knowledge of AGILE tools and automation techniques for Agile project management and engineering activities.
- Knowledge of WSJF estimation
- Open to work on assignment model
- Very proactive, and able to collaborate with coaching team, and execute with minimal oversight.
- Demonstrated experience coaching at BOTH team-level (not just classroom training) AND Coaching Managers across orgs of at least 200+ people (the bigger the org, the better)
- Ability to assess up performance of up to 10 teams in a single week (we have instruments, but they should know what to look for, and how to look)
- Ability to run 3-day Discovery Workshop & Training Session with senior management and practitioners to impart basic Kanban/Scrum knowledge, and create portfolio backlog & Kanban boards
- Ability to do all of the above REMOTELY, without seeing or meeting the teams in person
- Very proactive, and able to collaborate with coaching team, and execute with minimal oversight