SEISM Authorized Introduction to CMMI® – SVC
If you want to learn how to ensure the effective delivery of services, this course is for you. This three-day course introduces you to the CMMI® for Services (CMMI® -SVC) model, which is a comprehensive set of guidelines that helps organizations to establish and improve processes for delivering services. The course provides the knowledge you need to begin using CMMI® -SVC in your organization. This course is a prerequisite for any certification or subsequent course that calls for an Introduction to CMMI® requirement.
The CMMI® for Services (CMMI®-SVC) model is a framework that helps organizations to develop, deliver, maintain and improve services.
CMMI® -SVC adapts and extends proven standards and best practices to reflect the unique challenges faced in service industries. This set of guidelines also serves as a practical framework for achieving superior service quality, controlling costs, improving schedule performance, and ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction.
The course is highly interactive and composed of exercises, discussion, and presentations. After attending the course, you will be able to describe the CMMI®-SVC model, apply the model’s process areas, and locate information in the model.
Successful completion of this course will enable participants to:
- Determine whether CMMI® -SVC applies to your business context
- Learn effective practices for defining, establishing, and managing service
- Appraisal team members
- Sustain your improvement
- Prepare for next steps for your process improvement journey
The course follows lecture supplemented with illustrations. The instructor maintains a high level of student interaction and discussion to satisfy the student’s needs in their work environments. Extensive experiential learning and cases studies will be integrated in the course proceedings.
On the first day of the course, participants will receive a copy of CMMI® for Services ver 1.3 and a course notebook with copies of the course slides.
Participants would typically be working in organizations providing services as the main line of business typical roles would include:
- Quality team members
- Process team members
- Appraisal team members
- Project leads tasks with developing new service lines
- Anyone interested in learning about CMMI®-SVC
- Why Model-Based Process Improvement Aids Service Excellence
- Overview of CMMI® -SVC
- Defining, Establishing, and Delivering Service
- Monitoring and Controlling Service and Work Products
- Ensuring Service Mission Success
- Sustaining Improvement
- Making Work Processes Explicit and Measurable
- Managing Decisions, Suppliers, and Standard Services
- Creating a Culture to Sustain Service Excellence