Professional Scrum DeveloperTM
The Professional Scrum Developer (PSD) course is a 3-day course that teaches how to create great software using the Scrum framework. Working in a series of Sprints, teams of students collaborate, apply modern engineering practices, and use the Scrum framework to cope with changes. They learn how to develop increments of potentially releasable functionality from a realistic Product Backlog.
Attendees concurrently do requirements engineering, design, development, testing, integration, and deployment within a single iteration. The course teaches how Agile engineering practices and supportive ALM tools improve a team’s capabilities even more.
The course is available in .NET and Java specific technologies along with a generic technology course for developers using other technology stacks. The .NET version was developed in partnership with Microsoft® and is the official training solution for Microsoft Visual Studio.
Professional Scrum Developer Certification
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Developer course receive a password to take the Professional Scrum Developer level I assessment (PSD I).
The industry-recognized PSD I certification requires a minimum passing score on this rigorous assessment.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees of orgcourses are able to claim Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credit: 14 PDUs after attending a two-day Professional Scrum Foundations (PSF), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO), or Scaled Professional Scrum (SPS) course and 21 PDUs after attending a three-day Professional Scrum Developer (PSD) course.
- PMI PDUs are earned for course attendance and not for passing a Scrum.org Students can claim PDUs under PMI’s “Education courses provided by other third party providers” category. You can claim your PDUs online at https://ccrs.pmi.org.
Attendees make the most of the class if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide(required).
- Passed the Scrum Open
- Passed the Developer open
- Have a solid understanding of Scrum either through working on a Scrum Team, or through taking part in a Professional Scrum Foundationsor similar course.
- Have experience with the technologies listed below:
|.NET Courses||Java Courses|
|Visual Studio 2013||Eclipse for Java or similar IDE|
|C#, .NET & ASP.NET experience (discuss exact technologies with instructor)||Java, JUnit, Subversion or Git (discuss exact technologies with instructor)|
|Jenkins, and Sonar experience is beneficial|
The Professional Scrum Developer course is suitable for any member of a Development Team, including architects, programmers, database developers, testers, and others with some technical knowledge. The class focuses much on technology and requires pair programming.
Our Most Popular Courses: