The IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL®) is the most widely accepted approach to IT service management across the globe. ITIL® Foundation certification offered to professionals who qualify in the ITIL Foundation exam, showcases one’s ability to handle services in a planned, organized and delivered ensuring business value for organizations.
IT service management certification demonstrates your skills to incorporate planned, organized, delivered ensuring business value for the organizations.
QAI Global Institute offers Online ITIL® 2011 Foundation training as well as ITIL® 2011 Foundation certification classroom training courses.
- 2 Day Classroom Training: Highly experienced & certified trainers. Limited batch size – assured focus and quality.
- ITIL® Foundation Exam: Take ITIL® Foundation exam after the training and become ITIL® Foundation certified. Training Fees include Examination Fee.
- APMG Accredited Courseware: APMG accredited courseware for ITIL® foundation exam preparation.
- 2 ITIL® Foundation Simulation Tests: Work out 2 full-length ITIL® simulation tests of 1 hour with 40 questions each.
ITIL® is a Registered Trademark of the AXELOS. Limited
There is no defined eligibility criterion for ITIL® Foundation exam.
The course is aimed at raising individual’s understanding of and competence in IT Service Management as described in the ITIL® Service Strategy, ITIL® Service Design, ITIL® Service Transition, ITIL® Service Operation, ITIL® Continual Service Improvement, ITIL® Introduction and ITIL® Glossary publications.
What is ITIL®?
- The IT Infrastructure Library® (ITIL®) is the most widely accepted approach to IT service management in the world.
- ITIL® is the best practice framework drawn from the public and private sectors internationally. It describes how IT resources should be planned, organized, delivered and supported to deliver business value. ITIL® is owned and maintained by the UK Office of Government Commerce (OGC).
What is an ITIL® qualification?
- ITIL® stands for: Information Technology Infrastructure Library.
- The ITIL® Certificates are designed as – IT Service Management – qualifications. These focus at professionals who wish to become familiar with the best practices for IT Service Management, as defined in the OGC IT Infrastructure Library guidelines.
- This certification is best suited and practicable across all IT and ITES individuals.
What are the eligibility criteria for ITIL® exams?
- There is no eligibility criterion for attempting the ITIL® Foundation exam.
Will the Practitioners and Managers qualification remain the same?
- The answer is NO, then the ITIL® qualification structure has completely changed and ITIL® managers and practitioners will be required to take a bridging course and exam in order to be eligible for the new ITIL® Diploma certificate.
The courses and examinations for ITIL® managers and practitioners to bridge to ITIL® 2011 are still under discussion and are expected to be released over the coming few months by the examination board.
How long do I have to wait for the results of my multiple choices CBT examinations?
- For each multiple choice exam, every candidate receives the result paper and certificate within four weeks of the examination session.
How long are the ITIL® 2011 qualifications valid for?
- ITIL® 2011 qualifications are not valid for a defined period and will not expire.
What are the pass marks for the ITIL® examinations?
- Pass marks for the ITIL® examinations are as follows:
Foundation: You will need to score 26/40 (65%) to pass the foundation exam.
What happens if I fail an exam?
- In the unfortunate case you failed an examination; you can take part in another examination session, which is subject to a re-sit fee. This does not necessarily have to be at the same examination centre.There is no limit to the number of times you can retake the examination.
Is QAI accredited by APMG to provide ITIL® Certification Training?
- Yes, QAI is accredited by APMG as an ATO for ITIL® training.
Please enter your details to proceed to the test
The assessment will allow you to gauge your current level of understanding of IT service management and give you an idea of topics covered in ITIL Foundation Certification training.
Number of questions:- 30
Pass percentage:- 65%