Cloud Computing Essentials & Cloud Testing
After the completion of the course, the participants would be able to:
- Understand the Concepts of Cloud computing and Cloud applications.
- Understand in detail about various cloud environments viz. public, private, hybrid and community; various cloud services viz., PAAS, IAAS, mPaaS, DBaaS, iPaaS, aPaaS, TAAS, MAAS and CAAS.
- Review at high level, the modules and features of a few leading cloud infrastructure platforms and cloud applications and how they are being used in real life.
- Understand the testing life cycle, methodologies related to Cloud applications.
- Gain a detailed understanding of testing tools, test metrics and reporting and best practices in Cloud testing.
Client Responsibilities & System Requirements
- LCD Projector for projection
- Two White boards
- Conference Hall to seat the participants
- Access to related Software and Infrastructure for the training.
Instructor based Class room training, with a small exercise at the end to assist recapping what was learnt.
- Faculty Member for the training program
- Master copy of the course notes [Soft Copy Format]
- Exercises Copies
- Course Handouts, if any
The course is appropriate for both Novice and Experienced Testers under the following category:
- Test Engineers
- Test Analysts
- Quality Assurance Specialists
- Software developers
- Project Managers
- Testing Managers
- Configuration Managers
- Release Managers
Introduction to Class
- Familiarization with course material
- Familiarization with the protocols and timings
- Expectation setting and clarifications
Introduction to Cloud Computing
- History of Cloud computing.
- A detailed review of Cloud Terminology.
- Cloud computing architecture and design.
- Current trends in Cloud computing.
Types of Clouds
- A detailed understanding on various types of clouds – Private, Public, Hybrid and Community clouds.
- Business purpose of each Cloud type and their features.
- Popular vendor platforms, applications on each Cloud type.
- Integrating Cloud and Enterprise (on-premise) applications.
- Comparison of Cloud types, their advantages and disadvantages.
Cloud Platforms, Mobility, Integration and Data Services
- Detailed Overview of IAAS, PAAS (aPaaS, mPaaS DBaaS), SAAS, MAAS, CAAS, TAAS.
- High level Overview of IBM SmartCloud Enterprise, Amazon Elastic Cloud 2, Windows Azure, HP Cloud, Oracle Cloud, Amazon Web Services, Heroku, CloudFoundry, VmWare, GoGrid, Blue Lock Virtual Data Center, and Google Apps.
- Integration on Cloud – aPaaS, iPaaS, TIBCO, Caspio, Expanz .Net, Wavemaker (VMware), Cordys, Quickbase (Intuit), Appian Cloud BPM
- Mobility Platforms on Cloud (mPaaS) – Canopy, MobiDM, Collabera, SAP mobility
- Data services on Cloud (DBaaS) – DBMS, SQL, Analytics, ClearDB (Azure/MySQL), Database.com, HerokuPostGres, QuickBase, SQLAzure, Oracle (EM Cloud)
- An overview of leading cloud applications – Salesforce.com, Google Apps Engine, MS Dynamics, Oracle OnDemand, Amazon web services and IBM SmartCloud applications, SAP Netweaver Cloud.
Cloud Testing Methodologies
- Overview of methodologies used for Cloud testing.
- Detailed review of TAAS (Testing As A Service) – benefits, current trends, how to implement or subscribe TAAS.
- High level overview of Functional and Non-functional testing.
- Group activities on Cloud testing.
- Managing Cloud testing challenges and risks.
Cloud Testing Tools, Metrics & Reporting and Best practices in Cloud testing
- High level overview of leading Cloud testing tools.
- Automation testing for Cloud applications.
- High level overview of Reports & Metrics for Cloud applications testing.
- High level overview of Best practices in Test scripts, Metrics, Functional & Non-functional testing for cloud applications.