Art of Exploratory Testing
The day workshop introduces testers to skills required to perform good exploratory testing with use of hands-on exploratory testing practice sessions. The workshop is designed to help testers enjoy testing using the exploratory testing approach. The more you enjoy testing, the better you’d do it. Arguably, there is no training in India that even for the sake of marketing wants to say, “We will help you enjoy testing activity”.
The workshop enables Test Managers to manage exploratory testing as focused activity.
After the completion of the course, the participants would be able to:
- Concise, universal heuristics and models for instant test design
- How to tackle any product or product idea instantly
- How to analyze a test heuristic or practice
- How to test despite ambiguous or missing specifications
- How to deal with overwhelming complexity or confusion
- How to know when to stop or suspend the test process
- How to prepare and deliver an impromptu test report
- The ideal student is anyone who feels driven to be an excellent software tester or software test manager.
- The class is useful to all levels of tester, but seems to be most appreciated by experienced testers who want to become expert testers. The class works well when strong-minded and skeptical students attend the class. They challenge the instructor and make the class better, just like testers should.
- Another ideal student is the tester whose job is to check the work done by offshore outsourcing firms. You don’t have time to do a full-blown test project. So, learn how to make a brief test project work.
- Introduction to Rapid Testing Defined
- KEY IDEA: Rapid Testing is Personal
- KEY IDEA: Thinking Scientifically
- KEY IDEA: Know Your Oracles
- KEY IDEA: Know Your Coverage
- KEY IDEA: Use Exploratory Testing
- KEY IDEA: Know Your Procedures
- KEY IDEA: Know Your Test Strategy
- KEY IDEA: Rapid Test Documentation
- KEY IDEA: Rapid Test Reporting
- KEY IDEA: Getting started with Rapid Testing